Today we’re showing you How to Build a Dating Website using BuddyPress Plugin on WordPress. To build this website, you don’t require any coding skills or knowledge, and everything is easy to set up, and it will take only a few minutes to launch your own premium looking dating website. We’re using Seeko Theme to create this dating website, but if you want more theme options, you can check our post about Top 7 most unique and amazing dating themes for WordPress in 2020.
Why we are using Seeko Theme
Seeko offers Unique and Timeless Design, which focused on dating and social area, and it comes with one of the best search filtering system, which is perfect for dating sites. Seeko also offers lots of amazing features like Beautiful User Interface, Members matching score, Allow members to upload media, Paid Memberships Pro plugin integration, SEO Optimised, and many more.
|Compatible With||Files included|
|BuddyPress 2.2+||PHP Files|
|Bootstrap 4+||JS Files|
Download the latest version of Seeko from here.
Upload the theme on WordPress dashboard
The best way to install the theme is to upload via WordPress Dashboard
1. Go to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload
2. Click on Browse and select the Seeko zip file you just downloaded.
3. Then Click on Install Now.
4. Now Activate the theme.
They provided their own powerful Seeko Panel where you can Activate your theme license, Import Demo data, Theme Add-ons, and more.
Go to Appearance » Seeko Panel to access Seeko Panel features.
1. Go to Seeko Panel » Dashboard and Enter the Purchase code.
2. Then Click on Register Button.
3. After clicking on Register Button the message will appear (License successfully activated. please refresh page.)
4. After a refreshing page, you will see “Congratulations, theme license is active on your site!” message.
1. Go to Seeko Panel » Theme Add-ons and Click on Install Child Theme.
2. Now Click on Activate Child Theme.
Import Demo Data
1. Go to Seeko Panel » Import Demo Data and Click on Import Button.
2. Now Click on GO Button to Import all the necessary data and plugins.
3. After Importing complete, you will receive “Awesome. Your import is ready” message. That means now your website is ready to go.
Setup the Home, Blog Page & Seeko Forms
Home & Blog page
To setup, the home and blog page, go to Settings » Reading, select “A static page” and choose your “Home Dating” page as the Homepage and “Blog” page as the Posts page.
1. Go to Settings » Seeko Forms » Menu and click on Edit.
2. Now change all the Filter options as per given in the screenshot.
We recommend you to change permalink from Plain to Post Name. It’s good for your users and SEO.
Go to Settings » Permalinks and Select Post Name.
BuddyPress is an important plugin for Seeko Theme, which allows you to add core community features like Friend Connections, Private Messaging, Activity Streams, Notifications, User Groups, and more.
1. Go to Settings » BuddyPress » Components and Active all the components.
2. Now go to Pages and click on this page under the Registration section.
3. You will be redirected to Settings » General Page. Now click on Anyone can Register and Save Changes.
1. Go to Appearance » Customize.
2. Now you can see extra customization options like Seeko Search, Ajax Login, FaceBook Login, Post Likes, and more to customize the theme as per your requirements.
3. Now go to Appearance » Customize » Site Identity to add Site Logo, Title, Tagline and Site Icon.
Menu & Widgets
WordPress comes with a wonderful and easy to use menus functionality, letting you quickly create a custom menu and place it in your theme’s supported menu areas or even in a widgetized area with the menus widget.
1. You can customize your menu by going to Appearance » Menus.
2. You can customize sidebar and footer widgets by going to Appearance » Widgets.
Edit Home Page
To customize the Home Page, navigate to Pages » Home Dating, and Click on Edit with Elementor.
This theme uses the Elementor Page Builder that provides some advanced customization options, which gives you more freedom to customize your Home Page as per your requirements.
STAX builder is developed by Seeko Theme developers, which provides you advanced Drag and Drop Header Builder to create and customize header as per your needs.
1. Go to Stax Builder and click on Start Stax Builder.
2. Now you can Customize Header as per your requirements.
Now you are ready to launch your dating website using BuddyPress. Also, if you want to create a dating website on WordPress without BuddyPress, you can check our post about How To Build A Dating Website With WordPress.
If you have any questions, you can check our FAQ Section, and also, if you want to give any suggestions, please let us know by commenting below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Seeko Theme use BuddyPress?
Yes, Seeko Theme is compatible with BuddyPress.
2. Does Seeko Theme has Block and Report feature?
No, but you add via the third-party plugin.
3. Can users send Private Messages?
Yes, users can send Private Messages to each other.
4. Can users edit their profiles after signing up?
Yes, they can edit their profile and control their privacy too.
5. Is there any user registration limit?
No, there is no limit on user registrations.
6. Can users add profile photos on their profile?
Yes, users can add photos to their profiles. Also, this theme uses the rtMedia plugin, which allows users to upload media files too.