In this post, we are showing you a complete step by step guide to Create a Video Streaming Website like Netflix in a few minutes without any coding. For this tutorial, we are using MTDb – Ultimate Movie & TV Database Script, which is specially designed for Video Streaming Platform like Netflix.
Why we are using MTDb – Ultimate Movie & TV Database Script
MTDb is a multi-purpose Movie and Web Series platform. You can use this script to create different types of websites, including IMDb, Netflix, Free movie streaming, and more.
This script is easy to install and comes with amazing features like Content Management, Dark Mode, Subscription System, Watchlist, Adaptive Streams, Multiple Payment Gateways, User Ratings & Reviews, and more.
|Server Requirements||Files included|
Download the latest version of MTDb Script.
Upload MTDb script to Server
1. Login to your cPanel and click on the File Manager.
2. Now go to public_html folder and upload the website.zip (Note: If you are using more than one domain, then select the public_html/domain name folder where you want to install the script.)
3. After uploading, extract the website.zip
Create a new Database and User
1. Go to cPanel and click on the MySQL Database Wizard.
2. Now create a New Database.
3. Now create New User Database.
4. Click on All Privileges and Save. Now you have successfully created a Database and User.
1. Open your Site URL and follow the Installation Wizard.
2. After clicking on CONTINUE, you will proceed to the Requirements Tab and make sure you have all the server requirements.
3. Then click on CONTINUE, and you will proceed to the Filesystem tab. Make sure all the files are in the correct path.
4. Now click on CONTINUE, and you will proceed to the Database tab. Now fill all the database details you created before.
5. Now create an Admin Account and click on CONTINUE.
6. Now click on INSTALL to start the Installation Process.
7. Now you will see “Installation has been successfully completed” message. Then click on the Admin URL and log in with your Admin Account to access the Administration Area.
MTDb offers a powerful admin panel that allows fine tuning many parts of the site as per your requirements.
MTDb Analytics has a Google Analytics integration right into the admin area, which allows you to view all your site performance and data without opening another webpage.
To manage your site appearance, go to Admin Area » Appearance Editor.
For changing Logo, Favicon, Site Name & Site Description, navigate to Admin Area » Appearance » General.
Go to Appearance » Landing Page to customize the header title & header image, Action Buttons, Primary & Secondary features, and more.
Go to Appearance » Homepage to manage and create new lists on homepage.
To customize Theme Options, navigate to Appearance » Themes.
For customizing menus, navigate to Appearance » Menus.
To configure Seo Setting, go to Appearance » Seo Settings.
For configuring general site settings, go to Admin Area » Settings » General.
To control how content displays across the site, navigate to Admin Area » Settings » Content.
Go to Settings » Streaming, to control how videos are displayed and played on your website.
To Setup Billing and Invoices, go to Settings » Billing.
To configure Timezone & Site Language go to Settings » Localization.
Navigate to Settings » Authentication, for configuring registration, social login, and 3rd party integrations.
Go to Settings » Uploading, to configure files size and type.
Navigate to Settings » Mail to manage incoming & outgoing email handlers, email credentials, and more.
Navigate to Settings » Cache, to configure cache time, method, and 3rd party integrations.
To setup google analytics, navigate to Settings » Analytics.
To Setup Sentry integration, navigate to Settings » Logging.
To manage Active queue method and 3rd party API keys, navigate to Settings » Queue.
Navigate to Settings » Recaptcha, to configure Google Recaptcha.
To configure EU GDPR settings, navigate to Settings » GDPR.
Navigate to Admin Area » Plans, to Manage Plans and Add New Plans.
To manage and create new subscriptions for users, go to Admin Area » Subscriptions.
To Add or Import Titles, navigate to Admin Area » Titles.
To Add or Import Cast & Crew, navigate to Admin Area » People.
To add news re movies and celebrities, navigate to Admin Area » News.
Navigate to Admin Area » Videos, to add Movies, Web Series, Trailers, and more.
For managing lists, navigate to Admin Area » Lists.
To add and manage Reviews, navigate to Admin Area » Reviews.
For managing users, navigate to Admin Area » Users.
To create and manage roles for users, navigate to Admin Area » Roles.
Navigate to Admin Area » Pages, to manage and add new page.
Go to Admin Area » Tags to create and manage tags.
To manage files, navigate to Admin Area » Files.
To create new languages & translations, navigate to Admin Area » Translations.
For managing Ads, navigate to Admin Area » Ads.
Now your Video Streaming Platform is ready to launch. Also, if you want to create a website like YouTube, you can check our post about How to make a website like YouTube.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know by commenting below.