Back in the day, building a website was a painful experience, especially if you are not a technical guy like us. These days, it’s a relatively pain-free experience if you find the right website builder. But what if we told you that you can make your own website builder SaaS platform and use it for your own or for your users. YES, that’s possible! In today’s tutorial, we’re going to show you how to make your own website builder without any coding knowledge or programming skills.
To make this possible, we’re using Architect – HTML and Site Builder PHP Script, which is one of the most powerful and easy to use website and HTML builder. You can use this script for a personal builder or as a SaaS application. This script comes with over 20 pre-built templates, and also you can easily add more by uploading any HTML or bootstrap template from the admin area.
Architect PHP Script Requirements
- PHP 5.6+
- PDO PHP Extension
- php_fileinfo Extension
- MySQL Database
Architect PHP Script Installation
Download the latest version of Architect Script from here.
Now Upload Architect script to your Server.
- Login to your cPanel and click on the File Manager.
- Now go to the public_html folder and upload the website.zip
(Note: If you are using more than one domain, then select the public_html/domain name folder where you want to install the script.)
- After uploading, extract the website.zip
- Go to cPanel and click on the MySQL Database Wizard.
Create a new Database and User.
- Now create a New Database.
- Now create a New User Database.
- Click on All Privileges and Save. Now you have successfully created a Database and User.
- Open your Site URL and follow the Installation Wizard.
Click on CONTINUE to start installation process.
- After clicking on CONTINUE, you will proceed to the Requirements Tab.
Make sure you have all the server requirements. If something is missing please contact your hosting provider to solve the error. Then proceed to the next step.
- Then click on CONTINUE, and you will proceed to the Filesystem tab.
Make sure all the files are in the correct path.
- Now click on CONTINUE, and you will proceed to the Database tab.
Now fill all the database details you created before.
- Now create an Admin Account and click on CONTINUE.
- Now click on INSTALL to start the Installation Process.
The installation process takes some time, make sure not to close your browser window until the installation process is complete.
- Now you will see “Installation has been successfully completed” message.
Now click on the Admin URL and log in with your Admin Account to access the Administration Area.
- Admin Area
In Admin Area, you can manage and configure all features such as Site Appearance, Billing Methods, Templates, Projects, Users, Ads, etc.
Now you are ready to launch your own Website Builder. You can use this site for your own Project or as a SaaS platform. Also, we recommending you to check our FAQ section below for more info about the Architect PHP script.
A. To manage billing, navigate to Admin Area » Settings » Billing. Then enable payment gateways which you want to use. For now, they offer only PayPal & Stripe Payment Gateways.
A. First, you have to Enable Billing from Setting to Activate the Subscriptions. Then go to Admin Area » Subscriptions » Add New.
A. For Adding Plans, go to Admin Area » Plans » Add New.
A. To change the Architect Logo, navigate to Admin Area » Appearance » General.
A. If you want to use this script as a SaaS Platform, then we recommend you to use VPS or Dedicated Hosting, but you can use Shared Hosting if you want to use this script for personal use only.